It was straight out of a well written movie script, in the recent races Ferrari had fallen far behind in terms of pace and till last race most people were wondering if this would be an all McLaren season. But thankfully, Ferrari regained form today scoring an impressive 1-2, with Kimi winning the race and Felipe Massa coming second. Lewis Hamilton of McLaren came third completing the top 3. The Ferraris completely dominated the race.
Another surprise was Jenson Button, he finally scored a point in the souped up Honda and thus put Honda on the leader board. Robert Kubica back from injury was an impressive fourth and Nick Heidfeld was fifth scoring two great finishes for the BMW Sauber formula one team.
Fernando Alonso who started 10th made his way upto 7th place. Hamilton now leads him by 14 points in the Driver’s championship.
Toyota’s Jarno Trulli was out on the first lap, but teammate Ralf Schumacher was able to salvage some pride for the Toyota team getting 10th place just 1 short of a point scoring position.
Final Result of the 2007 formula one French Grand Prix
1. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 1hr 30min 54.200
2. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari +00:02.414
3. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren-Mercedes 00:32.153
4. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 00:41.727
5. Nick Heidfeld (Germany) BMW Sauber 00:46.801
6. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) Renault 00:52.210
7. Fernando Alonso (Spain) McLaren-Mercedes 00:56.516
8. Jenson Button (Britain) Honda 00:58.885
9. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Williams-Toyota 01:08.505
10. Ralf Schumacher (Germany) Toyota 1 lap
11. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Honda 1 lap
12. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull – Renault 1 lap
13. David Coulthard (Britain) RedBull – Renault 1 lap
14. Alexander Wurz (Austria) Williams – Toyota 1 lap
15. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) Renault 1 lap
16. Takuma Sato (Japan) Super Aguri-Honda 2 laps
17. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Spyker-Ferrari 2 laps
r. Scott Speed (U.S.) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 15 laps
r. Christijan Albers (Netherlands) Spyker-Ferrari 42 laps
r. Anthony Davidson (Britain) Super Aguri-Honda 69 laps
r. Jarno Trulli (Italy) Toyota 69 laps
r. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Italy) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 70 laps
r = retired
Fastest Lap: Felipe Massa, 1:16.099, lap 42.